For military retirees who are looking for a lucrative home business.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Successful Retired People Take Action

We all know that successful people, retired or otherwise, take action. Failure to take action leaves us stuck where we are or maybe even sliding backwards. Just wishing for your life to look different will never make it happen. You have to actually make a decision and do something.

In The Traveler's Gift, Andy Andrews describes the story of Col. Joshua Chamberlain during the battle of Gettysburg. According to Andy, the decision Col. Chamberlain made that day changed the course of the battle, the war, and ultimately, the fact that we are The United States and not a bunch of smaller countries. The men under Chamberlain questioned his order to fight rather than retreat or surrender. Chamberlain's men were severely outnumbered and out-armed. Nevertheless, Chamberlain made the decision and saw it through. As far as he was concerned, success was the only option.

So what area do you need to make some changes? Is it in a relationship? Is it in your finances? Are you in an unsatisfactory job? Your broke and miserable friends and family members will probably tell you to suck it up. Life happens. We can't always have what we want. Rich people are just lucky. 97% of people stay where they are because they are afraid of taking action. They consider it to be too risky.

Of course it's risky to take action. But successful people are willing to assume some risk in order to make huge gains in their lives. Successful people know that they are responsible for their results. If their results are not what they want, they make decisions and take actions to change their results. That is exactly what I did. I was not happy with my finances. I was not happy with a job working long hours, with too little vacation, and too little pay. The only way my situation would ever change was if I decided to do something. And then actually do it!!

I did and the rest is history. I'm sitting here in my dream home during what used to be a "work day." It's been a very productive day so far by my standards. I've set some goals and achieved them. In a few hours, I will visit my elderly mother. I never had this kind of time and energy when I "worked." How about you? Now that you're retired from the military, are you ready to take some new action before it's too late? Contact me and I'll call you back. I know where I'm headed because I'm a successful person taking action to get there. I'll help you do the same.

To Your Success,
Sandra Hayes
1-800-852-7695
prosperitytoday@bellsouth.net

No comments: