For military retirees who are looking for a lucrative home business.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Blessings In Disguise

Whether you are retired from the military or not, do your plans ever get derailed? I'm sure the answer is "Yes" since you belong to the human race. When things don't go as I plan for them to, I remember a quote from Jack Canfield that I heard about 15 years ago: "It's not what happens to me, it's how I respond to what happens to me that determines the quality of my life." If you really dig into this statement you will find a lot of wisdom. In fact, you may even find that some seemingly negative things that happen to you are actually blessings in disguise.

One of the cornerstone products of our Liberty League International business is a 90-day home study course entitled, "Beyond Freedom." When I finish the ninety days, I start over again knowing that I still have things to learn about myself and improvements to make. This past week one of my assignments was called "Overcoming Adversity." The exercise in this assignment was to list five examples of adversity that I have faced. The kicker then was to look for opportunities that resulted from those times of adversity. In particular I was instructed to look for changes I made, influential people I met, and growth that I experienced.

Some examples I listed included the loss of our first baby and the loss of a job. At the time these events seemed devastating. Looking back on them enables me to see the blessings that followed. For example, after the loss of our baby, I made some wonderful new friends, developed a much stronger faith, and with the birth of our daughter a year later, I realized that God has a bigger and better plan than I can imagine.

I used to think that if I "played by the rules," I would be guaranteed success. Now that I've lived over half a century, I realize how foolish that notion is. I am so blessed to have grown in faith and to have developed the courage to take risks in life. The greatest opportunities await those who step out in faith. That is exactly what Ed did when he left a management position and became an entrepreneur. It is what I did when I followed suit a few months later.

Right now, I don't know your story. Maybe your life has been like a fairy tale and you anticipate "living happily ever after." Or maybe you're not satisfied with how things are going right now. Maybe you're looking for an opportunity to take you to a new level financially, personally, relationally, or spiritually. I don't have all the answers but I have some.

I know the blessings we have received because we dared to take a risk and stepped out on faith. You see, not having enough time and money to achieve our dreams caused us to look for new options. Our previous lack turned out to be a blessing in disguise. My goal now is to help other military retirees like us find new hope for the future. Contact me and we will simply have a conversation. Together we can figure out where you want to go from here and how to get there.

To Your Success,
Sandra Hayes
1-800-852-7695
prosperitytoday@bellsouth.net

No comments: